In today’s digital landscape, your website is typically the first interaction your patients have with your business. But how do they find your website? Search engine searches generate 51% of traffic to websites according to Search Engine Journal, while only 5% of website traffic is generated by social media. To be found by search engines, effective copywriting is essential. Here are some statistics that show why copywriting for therapists is so important to your private practice:
- 51% of all website traffic comes from search engines, with almost ¾ coming from Google
- 92% of searchers will pick businesses on the first page of search results
- 70% of customers visit a private practice based on information they found online
- 63% of consumers primarily use a company’s website to interact with a business
- 30% of consumers won’t consider a business without a website
What IS Copywriting?
Many of our potential clients ask us "what is copywriting and why is it important for therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists?" The answer is pretty simple: Copywriting is the process of writing words for your specific brand and services.
When writing copy, it is crucial to write it for both your potential patients and for Google to rank your website so that it can be found.
We write copy for our clients so that they can get new patients via our SEO strategies. If you don't write with SEO top of mind, you are missing out on hundreds of quality leads for your psychology practice each year.
Copywriting for Therapists 101
Writing copy sounds pretty easy to do. But writing with a strategy to grow your practice can be quite challenging. Fortunately we have expert SEO writers and can effectively position your private practice. Here are some best practices for therapist copywriting:
- Each page should have more than 1000 words of copy
- Copy should be written for your patients, not a medical journal
- For each service that you offer, you should have separate pages built with unique copy written
- Blogs should be at least 1000 words
- For a blog or a page of copy, there should only be 1 main idea, or keyword, targeted
Why Copywriting Matters for Psychologists, Psychiatrists, and Therapists
Copywriting is crucial to not only positioning you as an expert to potential patients visiting your website, but also to help your website pages get ranked on Google. This process of getting ranked for search queries your potential patients are searching for on Google is called SEO.
Our top strategy for therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists is SEO. Without proper copywriting, you will not be successful in SEO.
Website Copywriting Process
The website copywriting process involves more than just writing copy. Here is generally how we do it:
- We research keywords for your specific industry
- We research keywords for your specific services
- We research keywords for competitors in your city
- We organize our research in a document that shows the purpose of our copy
- We start the writing process
- We review and get client feedback and in some cases, get a client's expertise added in
- We make sure the copy is written with best SEO practices in mind
- We get our copy approved by you
- We publish your copy on your website
Therapist Website Copy for Blogging
We offer copywriting for blogging as part of our monthly SEO services. Writing for a blog is similar to writing for a website page. Google views both pages and blogs the same. Here are some key principles for blog copywriting:
- We write an article about 1 specific topic targeting 1 keyword
- We typically write at least 1000 words per blog
- We choose topics based on a mental health professional's top 1 to 3 services
- Blogging + SEO are one of the best strategies you can do to get potential patients to find your practice
We are a Copywriting Company for Therapists, Psychologists, and Psychiatrists
We work with many different types of mental health professionals and have the results to show we mean business. We would be more than happy to provide you with an honest overview of your private practice and how our SEO strategy, combined with our other services, can grow your private practice. We are your X-factor for bringing you new patients andreaching your financial goals.
Need some help on copywriting to grow your private practice? Contact us for a free consultation - We are a top therapist marketing company that works with therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists. we look forward to speaking with you!
Copywriting for therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists can be a major chore. To effectively rank for keywords in SEO, it is recommended that each page of copy includes over 1000 words.
What's more, many mental health professionals (and even other professional copywriters) don't know how to write for SEO.
Copywriting for SEO is crucial for getting found on Google. Without robust, thorough, professional copywriting, Google will reject your pages in search.
Here are some of our other services:
When Amy first came to us by way of a referral, she did not know what to expect; she had never worked with an internet marketing agency before. Amy is a very successful psychologist, but was building her practice entirely by word of mouth. She wanted to grow her practice for the long-term.
We started the process by showing her how her internet strategy stacked up against her top competitors in her city. We then created a website strategy that would not only look great but that would allow us to build a successful search engine optimization strategy that brought new potential patients to Amy's website.
After Amy’s website was built, she started a 12 month SEO campaign. Amy’s strategy targeted two main areas: Google Search listings and Google Map listings. In 12 months, Amy now ranks for over 1000 keywords on Google – Important keywords like “eating disorder psychologist”, “therapist miami”, “psychologist miami”, “psychologist near me”, and many more of Miami’s most competitive keywords. Amy’s previous site generated very little organic search traffic, she saw a huge jump of local searchers visiting her website. Amy’s Google Maps location was not being found by potential customers previously, but after 12 months of optimization 129 quality local leads brought new opportunities to Amy’s practice. Finally, Google Search yielded 104 quality leads, while previously her website was not generating any leads from Google. In total, 233 quality, local leads were generated in Amy’s 12 month SEO campaign (These organic campaigns will continue yielding leads for many months and years for Amy’s business). Amy continues to use our SEO services as we’ve only scratched the surface of potential!
“BartX are true professionals and a pleasure to work with. They have really helped my business grow and I am definitely seeing results. Anthony Bart, the owner, is a great guy and he knows his stuff!” – Amy Boyers
FAQ About Psychologist, Psychiatrist, and Therapist SEO
Below are some common questions our psychologist, psychiatrist, and therapist clients ask us about SEO: